2011 Suzuki GSX-R600
- Stock Number: MSRP $11,599 Call for Current Incentives
Wallingford , CT
Impressive performance, exceptional handling and remarkable modern sport-styling prove the all-new redesigned 2011 GSX-R600 is a class-leading sport bike worthy of its race-winning GSX-R heritage. The GSX-R600's responsive and agile ride results from a new lightweight chassis with a compact wheelbase and race-developed suspension. Whether you’re tearing up the streets or dominating the racetrack, the all-new GSX-R600 is designed to offer unparalleled performance for all riding levels. A compact, powerful 599cc 4-cylinder engine demonstrates the advanced race-proven technology of the GSX-R line when you hit the throttle and push the RPMs to the redline. The GSX-R600. Designed to be the top performer in its class—it’s the total package ready to Own The Racetrack.
|Final Drive||RK525SMOZ8, 114 links|
|Ignition||Electronic ignition (Transistorized)|
|Transmission||6-speed, constant mesh|
|Bore x Stroke||67.0 mm (2.638 in) x 42.5 mm (1.673 in)|
|Compression Ratio||12.9 : 1|
|Engine||599cc (36.5 cu. In), 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC|
|Fuel Capacity||17.0 L (4.5/3.7 US/Imp gal)|
|Fuel System||Fuel Injection|
|Brake Front||Radial mounted, four-piston Brembo monoblock calipers, with dual fully floating 310 mm discs|
|Brake Rear||Disc brake|
|Suspension Front||Showa Big Piston front-Fork (BPF)|
|Suspension Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Tires Front||120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless|
|Tires Rear||180/55ZR17M/C (73W), tubeless|
|Curb Weight||187 kg (412 lbs)|
|Ground Clearance||130 mm (5.12 in)|
|Overall Length||2030 mm (80.0 in)|
|Overall Width||710 mm (28.0 in)|
|Seat Height||810 mm (31.9 in)|
|Wheelbase||1385 mm (54.5 in)|
- Chassis - 3-way adjustable footpegs: Three-way adjustable footpegs, adjustable shift lever, and short fuel tank help compose a comfortable riding position.
- Chassis - Front Brakes: Front brakes with fully floating 310mm discs and radial-mounted, four-piston Brembo monoblock calipers.
- Chassis - Instrument cluster features an analog tachometer with LCD readouts of the speedometer, odometer, dual trip meter, reserve trip meter, clock, coolant temperature/oil pressure indicator, S-DMS and gear position indicators.
- Chassis - Instrument Cluster: Compact, lightweight instrument cluster with a built-in lap timer/stopwatch and programmable engine RPM indicator.
- Chassis - Small, simple and lightweight bodywork featuring exciting, aerodynamic styling.
- Chassis - Steering Damper: Electronically controlled steering damper provides lighter steering at slower speeds and more damping force on the racetrack and at highway speeds.
- Chassis - Twin-spar aluminum cradle frame: Lightweight and compact twin-spar aluminum cradle frame made of five cast sections and cast swingarm.
- Engine - 4-into-1 stainless-steel exhaust system with a titanium muffler, carrying a Suzuki Exhaust Tuning (SET) valve maximizing torque and improving throttle response, especially in the low-to-mid RPM range.
- Engine - 599cc Engine: The GSX-R is outfitted with a 599cc 4-cylinder engine with a race-proven oversquare bore/stroke ratio for an efficient, high-revving design.
- Engine - Advanced, Suzuki race team developed transistorized ignition control circuit helps maintain more precise ignition timing across the range of engine temperature.
- Engine - Camshaft profiles feature an aggressive valve-lift curve, developed using proven Suzuki race team engine technology—its first use on a production Suzuki.
- Engine - Lightweight, durable forged pistons designed using Finite Element Method (FEM) and fatigue analysis technology used in Suzuki race team racing engines.
- Engine - Suzuki Drive Mode Selector: Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (S-DMS) offers push-button selection of two racing-developed engine control maps to suit road conditions and personal tastes.
- Engine - Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) fuel injection, uses fine-spray 8-hole injectors for improved fuel atomization, which contributes to more complete combustion.
- Engine - The engine employs shot-peened conrods, chrome-nitride-coated upper compression and oil control rings, and pentagonal ventilation holes.
- Suspension - Rear Shock: Single Showa rear shock features externally adjustable rebound and compression damping, along with adjustable ride height.
- Suspension - Showa Big-Piston front Fork: Race-developed, lightweight Showa Big Piston front-Fork (BPF) delivers superb feedback and consistent performance.
- Transmission - A race-proven back-torque-limiting clutch contributes to smoother downshifting and corner entry.
- Transmission - The crankcase carries a six-speed close-ratio transmission with vertically staggered shafts, to reduce overall engine length.